Odds & Ends

First of all, I must give my apologies again for forgetting to post FFF again.  You know how you get thrown off when your week isn't normal?  Well, this week was not normal for me and it really threw me off.  I have been especially stressed and forgetful and FFF is the latest victim.  Next week, I'm helping with VBS, so I'm not sure it's going to get much better.
One of my hydrangea bushes is starting to produce some beautiful flowers.  I bought it only two years ago when it was itty-bitty, so it's not loaded with hundreds of blooms yet.  The other two bushes that I bought were the variety that only has blossoms on old wood.  Unfortunately, most of the old wood was killed by an especially harsh winter, so no blossoms this year.  I'm going to plant some more bushes next spring in the hopes of some day having a vase full of hydrangeas all summer long.

Today I was a chaperon on a youth trip to the King of Prussia Mall, which is the largest in Pennsylvania.  Malls generally aren't my thing, but this was pretty impressive.  I stopped in at Restoration Hardware to grab a catalog and snap some pictures.
Their stuff is so expensive, but it's so beautiful.
I loved these zinc lanterns...
...and the visual displays they created by playing textures against one another.
These bundles of books were a total rip off.  They are modern paper back novels with the covers ripped off and tied up in twine!  And they were $29.00!!  I think I'll have to make me a few of those.
I also got to spend a little time in Borders.  Most of the browsing happened in the children's section where I read train books to my two boys, but I did get to peruse the home decor mags briefly.  I did a double-take when I saw a Country Home magazine.  "But, they don't make it any more!  They sent me a stinkin' Family Circle instead, which is not at all the same!"  But, there it was.  A special issue publication for $12.99.  While that's a lot for a magazine, this is not just any magazine.  It's heavy on content, light on the adds, and it was/is my very favorite magazine.  So, I splurged on it... and cheesecake ice cream in a chocolate dipped waffle bowl from Cold Stone Creamery.  Did I mention I'm on a diet?  This is my "day off", so I lived it up.
I'm a tired mommy tonight.  We were at the mall about two hours when I realized my three year old was burning up.  "I'm on fire", he said.  Poor guy.  His temp was 103.5.  We got the fever under control with Tylenol and he seemed to feel better, but....well, I'll spare you the details.  I'll just say that we had to change his clothes on the way home and I just finished cleaning out his car seat.  So, today was a mixed bag for me.

Miss Mustard Seed