A Little "Play" Time

I was supposed to go to Six Flags today with a bunch of teenagers, but the heat index today was over 103 degrees, which was way to hot to spend outside all day with my two toddlers, so we stayed home.  Around lunch time, when my husband was between roller coaster rides, he called me. 

"What are you doing?" 
"I'm moving some furniture around." 
"Are you serious?" 
"Umm...yes."
"Really?"
"Yes.  I've been thinking about..."  and I started spewing out a string of my thoughts on the awkward layout of our bedroom and how people wouldn't stub their toes on my vanity stool if I moved it to where his dresser was and now I love it and I'm hanging pictures.  Believe it or not, this is not an uncommon scenario in our home.  Poor, poor hubby. 

So, now I am determined to make some more progress on my master bedroom.  It's a makeover that has been going on for months. 
I love my vanity in this new spot.  The best thing is that the mirror reflects my half canopy, which addresses one of the main design rules about mirrors - "Make sure a mirror reflects something beautiful."  I couldn't stop there, so I also played with some accessories. 
I cut up some light green eucalyptus branches to fill my antique zinc cups from Anthropologie and layered some family pieces that tied into the color scheme of the room.
The mirror and small picture belonged to my grandmother, the gold box belonged to my mom, and the wood box was given to me as a gift when I visited Russia as a teenager. 
It was fun to "play" in my house today and I have a new energy to get some neglected projects finished. 

Lastly, I need to take care of a bit of business.  I was overwhelmed by the response I received to my offer for a free design consultation. So much so, I decided to choose my favorites and then put it up to a vote and let my readers chose the "guinea pig". I sent out e-mails to my favorites requesting pictures of the space, so it would be easier for my readers to make a decision. I received pictures from most, but I am still waiting on a few. If I don't receive your pictures, you won't be in the running for the consultation. Oh...don't miss out! If your name is listed below, send me two or three pictures of the space you would like some help with.

Whitney from Keeping up with the Thomases
Elise from Elise is Content
Lauren from Simply LKJ
Maria from Busy as a Bee in Paris
A Little Q and R

Miss Mustard Seed