Cupcakes & Craig's List

First of all, I am a guest contributor over at The Design Confidential today, so be sure to check it out!


I know it's cruel, but I couldn't help sharing this picture.
I have taken a lot of flack from the teenagers who hang out at our home ( my hubby is a youth pastor) for having a "Fresh Cupcake" sign hanging in my dining room with no fresh cupcakes to back it up.  So, I finally came through.
In addition to baking treats that I had to get out of the house immediately, I've been trying to unload some furniture (for a change) on Craig's List.  My furniture stash is out of control and overwhelming, so it's time to thin the herd.
I put this Ethan Allen cherry wood dresser up for sale and yesterday I received an e-mail from someone who wanted to take a look at it.  I recognized immediately that it was a couple from our church, so I responded and told them it was theirs for free.  They suggested a "trade" instead.  So, they got a dresser (that lived through middle school, high school, college, and ten moves) and I got space in my basement...
...fresh zucchini and fuzzy green beans...
...home grown potatoes and jarred preserves...
...farm fresh eggs...
...and a bouquet of flowers.  All grown, picked, laid, and made on their property.  I even received an invitation to enjoy their pool whenever I wanted.  I think I was on the better end of that deal!
I also sold my husband's old dresser to a sweet couple expecting their first baby.  She is a DIY blog addict, checked out my blog, and realized she had been there before.  These two are doing a total gut job on their home.  I encouraged her to take lots of pictures and start her own blog.  With a baby on the way, though, this girl does have enough on her plate already without my encouragement. 
I put this headboard up for sale as well and was surprised when the first e-mail I received asked, "Is this Miss Mustard Seed?"  How funny!  And Heather, the new owner of the headboard,  happens to be a finalist for my free design consultation!  I put two and two together when we were talking about her blog.  It's such a small world.


Don't forget to leave a comment to vote for your favorite design consultation finalist.  The winner will receive a free full consultation from moi. 
Miss Mustard Seed