A Rocker & A Caddy

If you haven't noticed, I am a woman on a mission to get things done for Lucketts.  I am plucking and painting anything from my stash that fits my idea of the "Lucketts Look." They've dubbed their style "Vintage Hip", so I'm gathering pieces that will appeal to the kind of hunters Lucketts attracts. 
I bought a pair of caned oak rockers at an auction for a crazy low price a few months ago.  They are really pretty, but the oak finish feels a little dated.  I decided to paint one of them in a distressed white to see how it worked.  The "before" picture below is of the rocker that is similar to the one I painted.  I was in such a rush, I forgot to take a before picture of the actual piece. 
I sprayed it in SW Creamy with just one coat of paint.  No primer this time.  I sanded the piece with an electric palm sander and rub it with a little antique glaze.
I love how the distressing and glaze bring out the details of the piece that were a little lost when it was simply oak.
The second piece I finished was this tool caddy.  Again, I don't have a before picture, but when I found it at a thrift store, it was painted a cream with some decorative painting on it.  Now, I'm not going to knock anyone who attempts decorative painting.  It wasn't bad at all, it just wasn't my taste. 
So, I sanded off the decorative painting and repainted it in the robin's egg blue "oops" paint I bought at Lowes a few weeks ago. 
To add age to the paint, I sanded the piece heavily and applied a dark walnut wood stain.  I always apply the stain after I distress, so it stains the exposed wood as well. 
Oh, I love this piece.  It is pretty crudely made, but there's something very simple and practical about it and I appreciate the fact that it was hand made by someone.  It's the imperfections that make a piece special. 
I have a busy and exciting weekend ahead of me and I'll be snapping pictures the entire time.  Please pray that we will have beautiful weather and no rain!  If you're coming to Lucketts, make sure to link up to my Lucketts Linky, so we can all meet up. 
Miss Mustard Seed