Hand Painted Tole Chandelier Makeover

I went out to some yard sales on Saturday to hunt for some additional things to take with me to Lucketts next weekend.  I was all excited about going to this 1000+ home community yard sale only to find out it's not happening until next weekend.  After a late start and no yard sales, it looked like the day was going to be a bust.  Then, I found this great tole chandelier at my local thrift store.
Well, it didn't look great at first.  It was spray painted a tacky gold and the previous owner stuck some crystal cups and swags on the candles.  It was very strange, but I could see the potential.
I first removed the crystals, which are glass, not plastic, so I'll use them for something else.  I generally love crystals on a chandelier, but it was not working in this case.  Look how the crystal candle cup is just set on the original metal holder.  Really weird.
So, I sprayed the chandelier in SW Creamy using my paint sprayer.  It took two coats and some brush work to get into all of the nooks and crannies. 
It really needed some color, so I used very soft acrylic paint colors and a lot of glaze to add color to the leaves and flowers.  I just used my glue gun drip technique on the plastic candle sleeves and sprayed them with cream spray paint.
Lastly, I sewed a cord cover in some blue silk that was left over from another project.
I love this chanedlier and I wish I had a spot for it in my house, but I don't.  It's coming with me to Lucketts and I'm hoping it will find a good home there.  I think it would look so sweet in a little girl's room.  More to come...

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm posting this to Met Monday.