Lucketts Day One

I had a blast at Lucketts today.  The rain at the end of the day put a little damper on things, but I sold a lot of stuff and got to meet some of my readers and fellow bloggers.  It was funny having my "Miss Mustard Seed" persona collide with my real life. 
Here's me (on the right) with Cassie (on the left) from Primitive and Proper.  Both Cassie and Pam  had wonderful furniture pieces that just flew out of their booths.  They were also both delightful people, much to my relief.  (I think we all have the fear that one of our blog buddies is a felon or some guy blogging from his mom's basement pretending to be a sweet SAHM who paints furniture.)  Cassie's hair looks so cute.  I had to wear a doo-rag or I would've had a 'fro. 

I also got to meet Sherry, Molly (I'll get pictures of her stuff tomorrow.  You will die.), Leslie and a few other girls who read my blog, but don't write blogs of their own.  It was so neat to have a community of women there.  I constantly felt like I wanted to run over to see how they were doing and I wanted to chit-chat and get to know them better, but we all had work (or shopping) to do. 

It's hard to be an antique lover at an antique market.  Right when I drove in the gate I spotted this pair of French chairs.  I was yelling out the window at Denise to go on a covert mission too see how much they were.  They were $325 for the pair and I was pining after them last night and all day today.  I finally went to check them out (to see what I could not afford and what would not be coming home with me) and, thankfully, the love was gone.  They were poorly painted, poorly upholstered and very tired looking.  They had a great shape, but needed way too much work for $325. 
I did make a few small purchases and I'll share those with you next week.  Until then, here are a couple of shots from one booth I loved. 


Can you believe that the pictures of my booth stunk?  I was so busy that I snapped some quick pictures and they were terrible.  Ugh.  The stuff is sold and the opportunity is lost.  I sold the most adorable pale pink baby scale with a wooden holder and it would've been so fun to stage and photograph.  Well, I'm pooped and I have a long day tomorrow.  Nighty-night.

Pray the rain holds off tomorrow!

Miss Mustard Seed