Open Daily...til 6

So, in my mad dash to get things done for Lucketts, I am grabbing everything that's been hanging out in my office and stash for a while.  This morning I was checking out some blogs and watched the 2009 Endless Yard Sale clip at The Lettered Cottage.  In the video, you get a glimpse of a vintage sign that read "Open Daily...til 6."  I loved the sign and immediately thought of an antique table leaf that has been waiting to be repurposed.  I painted the letters free hand with a cream acrylic paint.  I wanted this sign to look hand done, so I chose to not use a stencil, here. 
I finished off the piece with a light sanding and some dark walnut stain.  The gouges were already earned during its former life as a table top and the stain just brought them out.
Just one more piece to add to the Lucketts pile. 
There are so many places I could use this in my house, but I need to remind myself that I can make another one.  Can't keep them all...

Miss Mustard Seed