Lucketts Linky


I am making a mad push this week to get ready for the Lucketts Antique Fair next weekend.  I'm pricing, packing, inventory-ing, and finishing some more pieces to take with me.  I've also been working on posts to answer your "Ask Miss Mustard Seed" questions and those will go up soon. 

This Chinese checker board is another one of those pieces that has been sitting in my stash, then my workshop, then my office for months.
I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  So I primed it and painted it white (SW Creamy.)  It stayed that way for a few months.  Today I was cleaning my office and pricing items for Lucketts and this Chinese Checkerboard made it clear that it was tired of being neglected.  I needed to paint it or throw it away.
So, I went with red.  I used acrylic craft paint and painted the triangles as well as the border. 
Then, I sanded the heck out of it and applied a dark walnut stain
It looks so perfect in my guestroom that I'm still debating on whether I'm going to bring it to Lucketts or not...
A piece that I am definitely taking is this curb-saved stool.


My great aunt and uncle paid me a visit this week and brought along a kitchen stool that was rescued from the side of the road.  I actually liked the color and the natural distressing on the stool, so I thought I would just take it a little further. 
I used a chipboard letter cutout as a stencil to make this piece a little bit more special.
Then, I painted the "F" in with cream acrylic paint and allowed it to dry before distressing the entire stool and rubbing it with a dark walnut wood stain. 
I think this piece would look so cool in a kitchen, small hallway, or a porch.
I love projects that are already painted and I just get to do the "fun stuff."

So, are you coming to Lucketts Antique Fair, May 22-23, in Lucketts, Virginia?  I thought I would host a linky party, so we can all see who will be there.  Simply link up the home page to your blog, web page or profile page.  In the title of your link write your name, whether you'll be a vendor or shopper, and the name of your blog.  My entry would read:
"Marian, Vendor, Mustard Seed Creations"

This link party is only for people coming to Lucketts, please don't link up any projects on this one.  See you there!


Miss Mustard Seed

I linked this up to SNS at Funky Junk Interiors.