Letting Go

I get asked, "How can you stand to part with things?" a lot.  There are different answers for different pieces.  Sometimes, it doesn't work with my decor.  Other times, the piece is worth more to me to sell than to keep.  The main reason is space and I just can't keep it all. 

I made a very tough decision this morning and loaded my beloved slipcovered French Settee into the back of my dad's truck to take the Lucketts to sell. 
This piece fits perfectly in my space and it's just my style.  This is a hard one to let go.  Here's the problem.  It's very impractical for my family.  It looks great when it's all fluffed, but it gets the biggest butt impressions in the long down cushion and then looks sloppy.  It also has wooden arms, so it's not comfy to stretch out on with a book.  As much as I love it, I don't want a piece of furniture in my house that I don't want people to sit on. 
My aunt brought me a beautiful Empire style settee that fits perfectly in the space, it's comfortable and it's practical.  I am going to slipcover it just like the last one.  You can see the back of it in this U-Haul truck pictured below.
So, it will be bitter sweet when and if it sells. 

I also had to share a sneak peak of the things I bought yesterday.  A fan, a baby scale, a wooden stool and some goodies my dad brought up for me.
Donna is rubbing off on me!  Do you see the huge metal sign I bought?  It's not going in my house, but it was so cheap, I had to buy it.  I know someone who is into the industrial/junk thing will go nuts over it...hmmm...and it would look so cute in my boy's room.  So, maybe I won't be too sad if it doesn't sell and it will end up in my house after all... 

Some things are ok to keep.

Miss Mustard Seed