A Bargain Rug and an Apron

All of the compliments people have left about my home and blog have been so uplifting to read, but, boy...I feel so much pressure to be inspiring, now!  There is nothing ground breaking in this post; just some odds and ends. 

The first thing I wanted to share is the new jute rug I purchased for my guest bedroom.  I really wanted a natural rug for this room, but couldn't find one that was reasonably priced.  Last week I was perusing the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby and I spotted this jute rug peaking out from the bottom shelf.  This is the little dialog I had with myself, "Eww...leopard."  Now, there's really not anything wrong with leopard (or any animal prints, for that matter), but it really doesn't fit in with my style.  "Mm...what's the price...$25.00!  For a 5x7 jute rug!  Maybe I could paint it?  Maybe...what does it look like upside down?  Ah!  It looks like a normal, natural jute rug!  Sold!"
And if ever I decide to go jungle in my guest room, I can just turn it over!

The second thing I want to share is this adorable apron I purchased from Leslie at the Seasoned Homemaker.  I fell in love with the apron when we worked together on a giveaway several months ago.  After months of pining for it, my mom finally bought it for me to wear at antique fairs and when I'm painting at the shop.  (I have been wearing a vinyl cat apron.  Not cute.) 
Leslie did a little custom work on the pockets to better suit my needs.
I love the way these fabrics play off of one another and the apron is so well made.
Now, I'll be able to hold my pens, cash, sales book, etc. and look cute while doing it. I'll be putting this to the test at Lucketts in a couple of weeks.
Leslie has several adorable aprons currently for sale in her Etsy shop, so check it out if you're in the market.

Miss Mustard Seed