Wedding Preparations & Outfit

Today, I headed off to Warrenton, VA to style a wedding for some dear friends.  They have renovated their entire farm for this event and it's gorgeous!  Yesterday, I packed up all of the ironstone and silver in my house that could be used as accessories and to hold flowers.  In addition, I brought anything that would look pretty in a vignette.  (The Spiderman water bottle at the bottom left is not included in that!)


I really didn't realize how many ironstone tureens, pitchers, creamers and bowls, silver champagne buckets, water pitchers, gravy boats, cake plates and cloches I had.  It's really ridiculous.  Great for staging a wedding, but a little ridiculous. 


I can't wait to show you pictures of how it all turns out. 

In the mean time, here's a full shot of the outfit I'm wearing to the wedding.  I rarely find dresses I like and I grabbed this one...thinking it would look frumpy on me.  It was a little unimpressive on the hanger.  I slid it on in the dressing room and instantly knew it was the one.  I know it's black, which is not best for a wedding, but I love black clothes and I feel good in them.  AND I won't be accused of trying to upstage the bride! 


The dress is by AB Studio, shoes, necklace and mesh sweater are by Simply Vera - Vera Wang.  All of the clothes were purchased on sale at Kohl's.  The best part is that the dress is made of jersey cotton, so it's really comfortable, will wash well and I can wear it to a lot of other occasions.  I know I should probably have a pop of color...  Why can I dress rooms so well and get all tripped up when dressing myself?  Any personal shoppers out there?  Oh well. That's why I write a home decor/DIY blog and not a fashion blog. 


More to come on the farm house chic wedding...