The story of Annabel & Rupert


This is a story about love.  A man who loves a woman.  A woman who loves a blog.  A designer who loves to create. 

I received an e-mail last week from a gentleman...let's call him "Rupert."  Rupert had a request.  His wife, let's call her "Annabel", loves my blog and he would love to surprise her with one of my hand painted signs for mother's day.  Unfortunately, all of the signs he was interested in were sold.  It's one of my busiest months, but I just couldn't say no to creating a custom sign just for them.


He wanted something French, related to ice cream or candy.  I found a vintage French chocolate label on The Graphics Fairy and designed a sign around it. 



Rupert wanted a graphic, so I used the crown image from the label.


...and he wanted blue and white, so I used Annie Sloan's Aubusson with Old White lettering. 


Some distressing and waxing finished it off. 


Rupert loved it and bought it for Annabel to give her for mother's day.  (I wouldn't have minded if Rupert hated it, because then I might have given it to myself for mother's day.)

So, are you Annabel?  Is your husband Rupert? 

You'll find out on Sunday. 


PS - I really hope this is a story about love and not a story about a guy who's in the dog house.