Table Makeover

I have so many things in the works and so few things finished at this point.  I have babysitters coming for the afternoon over the next few days, so I can get some things in the "finished pile."  Here's the first piece...



I found this pretty table at a yard sale last week. 


Funny story...I was paying for this table and a few other things when I spotted a really cool antique shelf leaning against the barn.  It had a $10 sticker on it.  "Oo!  I'll take that as well."  I grabbed it and added it to my pile. 

 "Oh, I'm sorry, but I think that gentleman set it aside." 

Total bummer.  Oh well.  The gentleman looked over at me.  I couldn't resist asking, "Are you sure you reeeally want it?"  Eyelashes batting (not really.) 

 "Yeah.  Yeah, I do.  I'm going to put it in my workshop." 

I had an image race into my mind of that ornate shelf hung in a garage, covered in cobwebs and holding old peanut butter jars filled with rusted screws and bolts. 

"A workshop!?!  That beautiful antique shelf!  No, please, no!  Don't do that!"

OK, so you might be thinking I was just thinking those things to myself, but I was actually blurting them out to the gentleman.  Not only was I trying to get him to give up the shelf, but I was actually telling him how he should and shouldn't use it.  I am a crazy lady.

A nearby younger gentleman who was with the older-shelf-abusing-gentleman chimed in.  "His workshop is like a gallery.  It's really nice." 

Funny enough, that made it OK for me then.  "Oh, OK.  Well, I'm at peace now!" 

Yes, I said that.  I gave him my blessing to use the shelf he was buying any way he wanted.  Wasn't that gracious of me?

I loaded my things into the van realizing I got totally carried away and I'm way to opinionated about what people should do with things I deem pretty.  I'm going to have to travel with a chaperone to keep me in check.  Especially when there is lettering on my van advertising my business.

So, back to the table.  I painted it in a mix of Louis Blue and Old White with a wash of Old White.  I finished it off with a mix of light and dark wax, wiping the excess away.



I could stare at these legs for hours.  Have I mentioned I have a leg fetish?  On furniture, that is.


These go on all day long. 

This table looks a lot like the table I had in my foyer and sold at the fair in August.


The new one is missing the piece that stretches between the legs, but it doesn't affect the stability of the table and, as you know, I don't mind imperfect things. 


I'm off to do some shopping for supplies today to repair a dresser and finish a couple of projects for HGTV.com.  May is an insane month.  Have I mentioned I'm also the designer for a wedding coming up in the last week of May?  Insane.  I am a crazy lady.  In many more ways than one.