my latest love

I am still so tired today...I think I could have been tucked in for the night at about 4:00.  So, I'm going to wait a day or two before I share more about the Lucketts Antique Market.  I met a lot of wonderful people and I really want to "do them justice" in the post where I feature them.  Because of that, I'm going to shift gears and share a new addition to my home. 

In my pre-Lucketts shopping frenzy, I found something I've been looking for and longing after for quite a while...an antique dress form. 


They are just so stinkin' cool!  They are not practical, but they look fantastic in photographs, so one has been on my "prop" list for months.  I was in an antique mall in Frederick, MD, looking for some last minute small things to take to the antique market and...in a soft pool of light...with a harmonic choir singing around her...there she was.  (Not really.)  I raced over to flip the tag, certain the price would start with a three and have two digits after it.  It didn't start with a three...or even a two!  This girl was coming home with me.  I actually reached my hand through the arm, grabbed the center pole and started to wheel her around with me while I continued to shop.  I finally realized I was being a little ridiculous, so I parked her by a ramp that led to the counter.  Suddenly, I got paranoid that a fairly empty antique mall would be flooded with people who wanted my dress form.  I ran back and removed the tag to let everyone else know she was off the market.  It was totally an impulse buy, but it's one of my new favorite things. 


Check out the wire cage at the bottom!  Oh, be still my heart!


And it will be perfect for photo shoots...


Here she is wearing a silver banner from Lisa Leonard's Decor Collection


...and in black and white.  You can whistle.  It's OK.  I know she's hot.


...and baby's got back. 


Gotta love a curvy girl. 

I think I got too much sun this weekend.