More Stuff

I woke up this morning sluggish and had very little desire to do all of the work I had on my list.  I didn't want to paint any more.  I didn't want to crawl around on my basement floor, sanding, waxing, upholstering.  I just wanted to work on things where I could sit down.  My awesome mom gently prodded me along.  We raided my house and got a lot of little things priced and packed.  I finished the last few pieces of furniture I had and started painting a few signs and some other things.  She then made me a healthy lunch of veggies and chicken salad and I started to perk up and we got a lot done. 

A bunch of teenage guys came to my house in the afternoon to pack everything for the fair into a 17' truck.  It was so fun to hear them complement my work.  Teenage guys!  I didn't think they would appreciate it at all, but they were very sweet and we couldn't have loaded all of the furniture without them.  Pizza, cupcakes and some Madden Football on the X-Box made it worth it for them.  Plus they're just good guys.  A couple of the youth girls volunteered to make some glitter letters for me as well!  (For those who don't know, my husband is a youth pastor.) 

After dinner, I got the boys in bed and then slipcovered my last two dining room chairs from my set.  Well, it's actually not mine anymore.  I sold it already!  I then made four pillows and here I am.  The only one left awake in a quiet house.  I couldn't go to bed without sharing some more pictures of some of the furniture and finds that are snugly packed in the truck headed for Lucketts. 

I made a second feed sack chair...


...a dresser painted in Paris Gray...


...with awesome typography knobs from Vintage Skye...



...an ottoman upholstered in a feed sack...


...a small chest of drawers painted in Aubusson...


...a large dresser painted in a mix of Arles and Old Ochre...


...with more great knobs from Vintage Skye...


...a cabinet in Provence...


...a small bench...


...some chalkboards in vintage frames...


...a huge barn door and settee upholstered in an antique European grain sack...


...a leather-top side table in Emperor's Silk...



...a monogrammed suitcase...


...several more wire caddies with clay pots...


...and I hung a tag made my Jami on each one.


Tomorrow, I'm moving everything into my pavillion and under my tents. 

Are you tired from reading this?  Cause I'm really tired from doing it! 


Sorry again for the basement photos and lack of details in this post. I can't slow down to take beauty shots.