The mom behind Miss Mustard Seed

A lot of people have supported and encouraged me in my business, but I never would've taken the plunge without my mom. 

My husband always helps me with woodworking projects, moving furniture, running errands, proof reading articles, brainstorming, watching the kids, and setting goals.  My Dad encourages me, was one of my investors and sat with me in the rain at last years May fair.  My aunt has given me free furniture.  My brother hosts my website and helped me develop my name. 

But it was my mom who said, "Do it."

She took me shopping for the equipment I needed to get started.  She took me from shop to shop to find a place to sell my work.  She bought me Quickbooks and training with an accountant. She reads every single blog post and calls every day to see if I have any new opportunities or sponsors.  She reads most of your comments and some of your blogs.  She even checks out my Alexa ranking daily. 

I get my drive and work ethic from her...as well as my slightly compulsive nature. 

I love you, Mom.  Thanks so much for everything you have done for me. 


She's coming up next week to help me for the Lucketts fair and I have an apron all ready for her...


(It says "Miss Mustard Seed's Mom" in case you have trouble reading it.  It was custom made by Leslie.) 

So, to all mothers out there...I hope your kids are very sweet to you today.  For those who have lost children or mothers, I hope you will have comfort and joy in the memory of your loved ones. 

Happy Mother's Day!