Dining Room Set Reveal

Well, I'm going to warn you.  I'm revealing this dining set, but it's not going to be a post full of staged, beautiful photographs.  It's just not possible right now.  The prettiest shot you're going to get is of one chair. 


Here's the full set.  In my basement workshop.  Such as it is. Embarassing.  The fluorescent lighting and band saw in the background really add to the look, don't they?  I can hardly stand it!  I'm ready to clear out my entire dining room and move this all upstairs just to get some proper beauty shots. 


So sorry!  The set is pretty, though, isn't it?  I was so tempted to swap it out with my dining room set and sell the one I have.  I think I'm at peace with selling this one, though. 


Here's how it looked before...this is the Craig's List picture.  So sorry again!


I painted the entire set in Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in Old White, distressed the chairs and table base and then finished them in a clear coat of wax.  I stripped the top and refinished it in dark walnut with a coat of dark wax.  The seats are upholstered in antique European grain sacks.  Oh, it pained me to cut them up, but they really "make" the set in my mind.


The chair before...


...and just to add insult to injury, here's a horrible picture of my gorgeous tile.  It's grouted and dry and delicious.  We had the chandelier hung this weekend and that looks great, too.  Next up is bead board and paint. 


I'm taking the set to sell at the Lucketts Fair on May 21-22, if you're interested! 

Pam, my "picker" from Tennessee is coming this evening with a truck loaded with goodies for me.  Have I mentioned how much I love Pam?