yet another French chair

If you are not fond of French chairs, you have unfortunately found yourself at a blog that is not for you at all.  If you are a Francophile and enjoy armchairs...well, you are a kindred spirit and you will want to read on.  If you don't have a strong opinion about French chairs (How could one not?), you can probably handle it, too. 



I found this chair at a yard sale a few weeks ago.  The details, shape and frame were great, but the avocado burlap was the "fly in the ointment", so to speak, and it was a little hard to overlook. 



I painted the frame in ASCP's Old White and upholstered it in a nubby canvas drop cloth with bright white gimp trim. 



A slight distressing of the paint brings out the details on the arms and legs...which are yummy.  I'm definitely into furniture appendages.  Some chicks like shoes, I like chair arms...



...and legs.  No cat calls, please.  This is a respectable chair. 


I'm taking it to my new room on the third floor at The Old Lucketts Store along with a china cabinet/curio, two dressers, a side chair, side table, farm table and some accessories.  I am excited about getting settled in.  There's still a lot I want to do, but it's going to take me a few weeks to get caught up and fully "nested" in the room.  I did order some more gorgeous lavender bunches that should be in next week and I am going to start carrying Vintage Skye clay knobs as well. 


See you tomorrow for furniture Friday!