Curio Makeover

For the past few months, pieces of furniture have been coming and going at such a rapid pace that it is difficult for me to get before and after shots of every piece.  You may have noticed this curio cabinet in the corner of my room at Lucketts.  When I shared the pictures a couple of weeks ago, some may have thought, "Hmm.  I don't remember her ever showing the before and after on that."  Well, if you thought that, you're super observant and deserve some kind of prize.  Tell your hubby that I said he needs to wash the dishes for you tonight or something. 


Here's what this piece looked like when I first got it.  Great lines...everything else was a mess.  It was filthy, broken and looked depressing.  I could envision this cabinet stuffed to the gills and buried under a pile of possessions in an episode of Hoarders. 


I cleaned it out, used a chisel to "cut" off the broken fretwork, and glued up any loose areas. 

 


I then painted the interior in ASCP's Paris Gray and the outside in Old White.  A great improvement, don't you think?  This is one of those pieces I don't mind keeping in my space for display, but I did tag it, so if it sells, that's OK, too.  That is the whole point after all.



I'm headed down to Lucketts tomorrow with a van load of furniture and antiques, so I'll definitely share updated pictures of my space. 

Before I sign off, I want to welcome my newest sponsor, Spool No. 72.  They sell beautiful clothing, accessories and home decor.  Lots of fun stuff...including this French grain sack-inspired pillow...



...and some really fabulous dresses.  There's not a chance in the world I could pull off this dress, but isn't it fabulous? 

 

I really appreciate my sponsors...all of the people who think this blog of mine is worth supporting. 

Thank you.