Meet Eulalie (the cow)


I shared a few weeks ago my desire for a cow painting.  Well, that desire has been thoroughly satisfied, first by the wonderfully whimsical cow painting I received from my artist friend Laura and most recently by a stunning and classic painting by one of my readers, Cindy Austin



I can't even express how much I love this painting and how blessed I feel to have the original.  I would definitely grab it if my house was on fire and my family was safely out.  It's one of my favorite things in my house right now. 


I decided to prop it above my family room fireplace. It works beautifully with the wall color and pops of apple green in the room.  It's just...perfect.  Sigh.  I felt such a fondness for the cow that I decided to name her...Eulalie (yoo-lay-lee).  Fitting for a classic cow, I think.  Don't worry about Laura's cow...I moved her to the living room, where the blue shows better and the impressionist style plays against the room's formality. 

If you love Eulalie as much as I do, you can buy a Giclee print from Cindy for around $400, plus shipping.  In case you're not familiar with Giclee prints, they are the closest to an original painting you can get.  They are made with a high resolution fine art printer and are truly durable "museum quality" reproductions.  So, it's not just a poster.  Cindy also has original paintings for sale and works on commission.  You can contact her through her blog for more information or to place an order. 


Thank you so much, Cindy, for blessing me with your talent.  I am really honored to have such an amazing work of art in my home. 


One last bit of business...the winner of the Abodent Giveaway is Tami from This and That from Tami.  Congrats!  Please send me an e-mail, so I can put you in touch with the good people at Abodent!