look out

First of all, thanks so much for all of your encouraging words yesterday.  It's not that it was a bad day, but I was in a bit of a funk.  I'm in my third day of a new healthy routine and I know I'm going through some sugar withdrawals.  I also get a little depressed in a messy, dirty house.  I got some good cleaning done today, some diet encouragement on Twitter and my husband talked me through the things I was feeling overwhelmed about, so I'm doing much better.  This evening I was also finally able to fully bend my left arm (which has been cramped for two days.)  I have a baby sitter and a helper coming tomorrow, so I should get myself sorted out even more. 

For today, I thought I would share a couple of recent finds.  If you look at this picture you'll understand the post title.  Isn't that a random thing for a crate to say?  Look out for what?  Did it hold TNT?  A rabid squirrel?  Really stinky cheese?  Whatever the reason, I found it at a yard sale and just couldn't resist it. 



I also just bought this primitive cupboard.  I've always wanted one and have never found one that wasn't outrageously priced.  I love the simplicity of this piece and the fact it was once painted and then stripped.  The pine has a beautiful faded patina and still looks whitewashed in a few places. 



My husband is definitely not as smitten with it as I am.  I'll turn him around.  Well, if I keep it.  We'll see.  I'm going to clean it up a bit more and sure up some spots that are brittle and then wax it to bring out the wood tones.  It's going to be a fun project. 

In case there were some doubters at the quasi-Hoarders state of my office...exhibit A...



I think there's a floor under there somewhere.  It's totally out of control. I'll clean it up tomorrow, but I really need to rework this room so it's functional.  It's currently a dumping ground.  A glorified closet.  Definitely not a creative space. 



Did I make you feel a little better about your mess?  Well, I'm here to encourage.