the bamboo mat

Since first showing the bamboo mat in my dining room, I have received tons of e-mails and questions about it, so I thought it was due time to write a "tell all" post.

I initially bought two mats wholesale from a friend to use in my tents at antique shows.  When they arrived, I couldn't resist rolling one out in my dining room, which was rug-less.  I was pretty convinced it wouldn't look right, but I can't have something new come into my house without playing with it.  Well, my gut on that one was totally wrong.  It looked great


It brought something different to the room.  A little quirky and unexpected. 



It's been a great back drop for photo shoots...





 
...and fun to test in other rooms...



...and made its way into the wedding I decorated...



...my booth at the Lucketts Antique Market in May...




...and now in my room on the third floor at The Old Lucketts Store. 


Can you tell I love this mat? 

Want one?  I've seen different versions of this rug for sale at The Old Lucketts Store or you can order it online from French Freak.  At $149, this 6 x 10 mat is a great deal on a high impact piece.