my own little corner of the world

For those who have read my blog for a while, you know The Old Lucketts Store is one of my favorites places on the map.  I have said for years that it would be a dream to be a vendor there.  Even last fall, I considered it a dream that would probably be out of reach for many years.  Now, I have my own room on the third floor of the old home and general store turned antique haven.  I still walk in with my things and feel like an impostor.  It's like being a groupie of a band for years.  You've gone to their concerts, acquired signatures, worn their t-shirts and listened to their music.  Then, you find yourself as a member of the band.  Pretty wild. 

So, as I show off my space, know that I count it a true honor and blessing to sell out of such an amazing shop among such talented designers and dealers. 

I picked up a lot of fun things over the past couple of weeks to fill my own little corner of the world (Which was cleaned out pretty well!) and here's what it looked like when I set it all up on Thursday...



I sealed a rusty milk bottle carrier with polycrylic, so it wouldn't "rust" on everything it touched.  It's filled with piano rolls tied in ribbon and wood tumblers full of vintage and antique silver. 


At the center of the room is the farm table I made for Cottages and Bungalows magazine, a really cool coffee table/bench on wheels and a rushed seat French settee (a recent Craig's List find.) 












This is my most recent ASCP dresser.  I painted it in a mixture of equal parts Graphite, Louis Blue and Duck Egg.  It's a gorgeous, rich bluish gray color.  It was a perfect compliment to the original brass hardware. 


I also started carrying handmade clay knobs by Vintage Skye


I'm currently carrying ten different knob styles, but will expand the selection if they sell well. 


I found some more great things yesterday and a couple of boxes of dried lavender arrived this week, so I'll be bringing down another van load on Wednesday.  The Design House at Lucketts is this coming weekend, so try to make it if you can.  For a peek at their design boards for the upcoming sale, visit the Lucketts Store Blog

Before you sign off, the winner of the Bamboo Mat offered by Wuslu is...