two weeks of mail & back to work

When I get home from a two week vacation, I don't waste any time.  (Are you surprised?)  I did all of my laundry at my parent's house, so I came home with a suitcase full of clean clothes.  I unpacked last night, so I wouldn't have to face it today.  I had some youth kids prepping and painting furniture for me, so it would be ready for my finishing touch.  I had a babysitter lined up for today, so I could restock the cupboards and work on some furniture to restock my space at Lucketts.  I have an HGTV.com article due on Friday, a Cottages and Bungalows article due ...soon... and nine more freelance tutorial projects due in a few weeks.  Tomorrow I'm shopping for supplies, finishing up some pieces and pricing.  Thursday it's shopping for anitques and settling into my new room on the third floor of Lucketts.  Whew.  I'm going to need a vacation after I get caught up from my vacation!

I've had a tough time getting back into my work again today, but once I started, I accomplished a lot.  Aside from coming home to a lot of work, I had a stack of packages.  I love goodies and I get a lot of them in the mail, so having two week's worth was like Christmas. 

Here's some of the loot I got...

A hand painted and waxed Annie Sloan Chalk Paint paint deck.  Shades of Amber is offering them on their website for $19.95 as well as sample pots, so you can make sure you're getting the color you want.


I love how you can see the color with the clear wax and the dark wax.  The difference is pretty dramatic.

And it's the prettiest paint deck you ever did see. 


I also received a box of clay tags from Jamie of Freckled Laundry.  She included some of her newest "nest" line, which I love!  She is wonderfully creative. 



I've been working with another talented lady, Reni of Bliss and Tell Branding Company


She's working on some new business cards, tags, stationary, t-shirts, the works!  I just received some beautiful custom stationary from her as a little gift.  Reni knows how to impress. 


Last, but certainly not least, I received my second cow.  (I realize it's a bull, but I'd rather say I have a cow hanging on my wall than a bull.  "Look at that bull in my dining room" just doesn't sound right!)  Here's a peek at it...


Totally amazing, right?  I was blown away.  It was painted for me by the extremely talented artist, Cindy Austin.  You can view her gallery here and her blog, Cindy's Fractured Fairy Tale, here.  She just made some gorgeous slipcovers that are worth checking out.  Giclee prints of this original painting will be available for purchase and I'll share all of the details in a later post.  You don't have to envy my cow.  You can have one, too! 

I have more goodies to share and several new before and after posts on the way! 

It really is good to be home.



PS - Apparently female cows have horns as well.  Shows how much I know about bovine!