Summer HGTV.com Tutorials

Summer came early for me this year as I started decorating for it in April.  I'm learning that when one works as a freelance tutorial writer for magazines and home decor sites, the seasons get pretty muddled.  It's been a learning process and definitely a fun one. 

My summer decorating ideas and tutorials are now available on HGTV.com



I sold this at the Lucketts Antique Market in May.





This one was fun to figure out and would be great if you need a custom size. 



This pillow is easy to make and will open up an entire world of fabrics to use on your porch, deck, patio or Lanai. 



You can also read my tutorial on how to make a plastic planter look like concrete in the current issue (July 2011) of Cottages and Bungalows magazine. 


Speaking of summer decor, my sponsor Janet Hopkins has a beautiful "Freedom Banner Kit" download that would be great for making some festive July 4th bunting. 

Tomorrow, my boys and I are flying to Orlando, Florida to visit my parents and take a vacation while Daddy is busy with work.  If you see a frazzled, possibly sobbing blonde with two little blonde boys getting off of an airplane in Orlando...yeah, that's me.  We did buy them each a new (used) Nintendo DS Lite, though, which will be my secret weapon while flying. 

If you know of any great shopping spots (thrift stores, antique malls, flea markets, etc.) in the Orlando area, please let me know! 



Oh, also!  I am "guesting" today over at Home Stories A to Z.  Beth is running a great series on How to Decorate that is definitely worth checking out!