I want a cow


I've never been one to collect original art.  I would love to own an original oil painting, but they're expensive and I've never found one I love enough to splurge on.  For a long time, I've had this picture in my inspiration file. 

(Home of Leah Anderson, photographed by Isabel Lang)

What always caught my eye was the soft colors of the cow painting.  I've looked around for something similar, but...no luck. 

(Original art by Leah Anderson, photographed by Isabel Lang.  Giclee prints can be ordered here.  )

Not finding what I wanted (and Leah's prints are a bit out of my budget), I turned to the most talented artist I know, Laura Dreyer.  She is the one who designed my logo, business cards, and illustrated graphics...while in college!  She's crazy talented and so I commissioned her to paint a cow for me.  I asked her to use the colors and softness of this painting as her inspiration, but to make it her own. 

I can't wait to see what she creates for me...