a preview & a new piece


I have been a painting fool the last few days.  Really ridiculous, but I'm excited at the direction my family room and kitchen are heading and the finish line is in site.  I'll definitely share pictures soon. 

Until then, here's a sneak preview of the photo shoot I worked on today for Cottages and Bungalows magazine.  I think this was my favorite shoot, yet. 


I also wanted to share one of my latest pieces I just dropped off at The Old Lucketts Store...


This French dresser/buffet is a gorgeous piece of furniture...probably one of the nicest pieces of furniture I've ever worked on.  The finish was a little rough, but that's certainly something I can rectify. 


I refinished the top and painted the base in a coat of Annie Sloan's Paris Gray. 


The hardware was perfect, so I left it as is. 


They may be short and stubby, but she's got some great legs. 


Here are a few other pictures of some things in my booth at Lucketts...







Right now I'm sitting on my freshly wash slip covered sofa in my freshly painted room, looking at a cow that was painted just for me. 

Sigh.