the hardware, the cow and more


I revealed my painted cabinets in my post yesterday and here is what it looks like with the new hardware. It is so true that hardware is the jewelry in a kitchen.  It's like a simple dress that's brought to life with the right necklace.  The bronze hardware really pops against the white and gives the kitchen a more farmhouse sort of look.  I just love it!





I'll share all of my sources, colors, products, etc. in a future post.  Since I didn't get to upload the pictures yesterday, I wanted to give a preview of my family room.  I'll do a full "before and after" post once I get the curtains and some other things finished, but that is going to take me a few weeks and I don't want to leave you hanging. 

A few readers with a keen eye noticed my cow painting hiding behind the pot rack. 


Here's the full view.  Isn't it wonderful?  It's so soft and a little whimsical.  It was painted by the lovely and talented Laura Dreyer.  She's looking for some clients, so contact her through her website if you're interested in having her paint something for you.  I'm also going to start carrying some of her paintings in my space at Lucketts.  Check out her recent work on her blog and she also has a few original sketches and a beautiful print for sale in her Etsy Shop


To the left of the kitchen cabinets, I hung an antique tobacco basket above a yard sale bench.  The bench provides additional seating when we have a house full of teenagers (my husband is a youth pastor) and it hides the baseboard heaters a bit.  The paint was a little chippy, so I hosed off the loose paint and then sealed it with a coat of wax.  Now it's baby smooth.


My tea towel pillow has found a nice home on one of my slip covered wing chairs and a vintage wool US Navy blanket is slung over the back. 


More to come!