more of my office

My office/craft room has always been a "make do" space. It started in a spare dresser and closet and then took over half the guest room.  When I started my business, it became clear I needed more room.  My kitchen counters were always covered in paints, papers and projects.  It drove me crazy and it was incredibly impractical.  My mom suggested moving things around, so I moved both boys into the guest room, the guest room into my older son's room and my office into the nursery. 

I now had a permanent space, but I still just made do.  Furniture has come and gone.  I organized and reorganized and did it all over again.  I was finally ready to turn it into a proper craft room and office. I already showed you a small section of one wall...



Here's what the room looked like when I first took it over as my office...



...and here's what it looked like when I really settled in (well, after I cleaned off the shelves a bit)...





...and here's that corner now. 



I found this tall, mirrored armoire at an antique store for a great price and was immediately in love.  It's an old piece that's in great condition, so I just left it as is.  It has a few scuffs and such, but I'm cool with that.  My husband put shelves inside, so I could store my fabric, pillow inserts and sewing notions. 



It's a good size and it sets limits.  I can only have what will fit inside and when it's full, it's time to work on some projects and make room. 



Oh...grain sacks.  How I love looking at you in all of your folded and stacked glory. 


Ahem. Excuse me.

Did you catch a peek at the wool rug and the French armoire?  I'll share much more soon, including how I organized myself, letting things go, the clad wall, colors used, etc.  All in good time.


The winner of the Vintage Market Giveaway is...




Congrats!!