French Poem Dresser


I'm so sorry, girls.  I have totally gotten lazy about taking "after" shots of my furniture.  I have to haul it up from the basement, move the furniture around in my house, gather props, stage the photo, take the pictures and then put everything back.  It's very time consuming and I have to have good light and an extra person on hand to move the furniture.  Well, after today, I think I'm going to start going through that trouble again. 

I finished two dressers last week and I have lousy pictures of both.  So, be prepared to be underwhelmed. 

Despite the poor photography, I really love this dresser.   




It was painted in glossy green and gray oil based paint.  I took this picture after the paint from the top was removed. 




Mini Mustard Seed painted it in ASCP's Cream, which is sort of a very pale yellow.  Once it was dry, I used the Springtime in Paris Stencil from Royal Design Studio and ASCP's Paris Gray to create a "French poem" design on the front. 






I distressed the edges to allow some of the old paint to show through.  The top is finished in a dark walnut wood stain and then the entire piece is protected in a soft wax finish. 






It's a very soft, pretty piece.  If it isn't sold, yet, I'll take better pictures of it on Thursday.  Off to work on another dresser, a wardrobe, a desk...and it's time to tackle the basement.  If you don't hear from me tomorrow, send a search party. 




Dresses from Shabby Apple