fun finds

I did some shopping last week and found some very cool things to sell (and some to keep.) 

The second I spotted this sign I knew it was mine.  Oh yes, it would be mine...well, unless it was outrageous, but it wasn't.  This one's a keeper.  I have the perfect place, so it's within my guidelines to keep it. 



Another keeper is this ironstone sugar jar.  It was only $6.00!!




...another keeper is this $18 child's chair.  I have three and have been hunting for a fourth and this one is perfect.  I'm setting up a mini table and chairs in my family room in the corner where our treadmill currently is.  It'll create a cute play area for my boys. 



Oh, heck with it...I'm keeping almost everything!  Aren't these mesh cloches cute?  (I will actually probably sell these.)


And I couldn't resist a stack of notebooks and school primers.  This handwriting book reminded me of my favorite Palmer's, Layla and Kevin.  The color of the cover is amazing, too.



I also got a hand written class schedule...



...and some notebooks.



It's amazing to me to think that over 100 years ago, someone put pen to paper...to write out thoughts, take notes, keep record...and here they are now.  In my possession.  It's just cool. 


One day, we may not even had handwriting samples to leave to our ancestors.  They'll just find typed texts, e-mails and blog posts.


Have you found anything good lately?