the french armoire - before & after

Some of you have been waiting a long time for this one. Trust me when I say that I have, too.



Back in March or maybe April, I was browsing Craig's List.  I looked all over my area and didn't find one thing that was of interest to me.  Hating to spend all of that time searching and only to come up empty, I decided to expand my search.  I looked in metro areas where I had family, including the Orlando area where my parent's live.  And, I came across this French armoire for $150. 

"Um, Dad...will you pick up an armoire for me?  Pretty please?"  Batting eyelashes don't translate over the phone, but my Dad melted at my sweet, angelic tone. 


Not only did he pick up the armoire for me and spotted me the money until I sent him the check, but he stored it in the garage and then packed it up and drove it to Pennsylvania in May for me.  My mom was freaking out for a few weeks about fitting the armoire and everything else they needed to transport in the back of the truck, but it all worked out. 



This is the armoire I used for my inspiration.  It was from the shop And George and was listed for $10,000.  That's a wee bit out of my budget.  Okay, it's a lot out of my budget. 

 


Mini Mustard Seed sanded the decorative painting off the pine armoire and then painted it in a mixture of ASCP Paris Gray and Louis Blue.  I then painted the details in Old White, distressed the edges and waxed the piece. 

 


I have always wanted a French armoire and I love how this one turned out. 

And the price was certainly right.