Table Before & After

I love it when I finally finish a piece.  This one has been hanging out in my basement for a really long time.  An embarrasingly long time. 

The woman who owns "my" shop found this on the side of the road.  Can you believe that?  It's an amazing piece!  Anyway, she gave it to me months ago to paint to compliment a hand painted cabinet she had in her bedroom. 
Here's the embarrassing part.  I've had this table AND her cabinet for months.  I mean months.  I'm tempted to say almost a year.  Yikes.  We had events, projects, new clients, our shop moved, I'd get busy on other things and I just got use to those pieces sitting in my stash.  So, at long last, I finished it and they are going home to their rightful owner.
This table was painted in a custom-mixed blue to compliment the small hand painted chest.  I then added some decorative painting to further tie the two pieces together. 
The wood top was so pretty, so I simply sanded it lightly, added some Colonial Maple stain and finished it with wipe-on poly. 

This looks like a kitchen work table or desk that was cut down to size.  It's now a nice coffee table height or would be adorable as a desk for a small child. 
I'm so glad I finally finished this piece, but I'm sad to see it go.  I'll have to arrange visitations for this one.

Miss Mustard Seed

I posted this to Sarah's Before & After Party. 

PS - Here's the mix for the custom blue in case any of you just have to have this color.  I'm sure your people at Sherwin Williams or our local paint store can figure this out for you.