Hurricanes & One Last Peek

A few weeks ago I shared my glass hurricanes that sit on my dresser.  They were filled with pinecones, for a lack of something better.  I really didn't want to spend money or time on decorative spheres or things like that. 
I purchased a box of eggs from TJ Maxx for $7.00 and they were the perfect color for my bedroom.  I already had some moss, so it made sense to use these together.  The eggs also tie into the antique bird print hanging above the arrangement.
I balanced a starfish on the top of one of them...just because I like the pop of white.  I think I'm going to get some dried vine from my yard and nestle it in the bottom of the hurricanes as well. 
It's nothing incredibly creative or jaw-dropping, but it's better than the pinecones, anyway. 
...and I still have stacks of pictures and plates just waiting to be hung.  I'm in search of 3 pieces of furniture and two shutters in order to finish this room.  I also need to sew a slipcover, curtains and another pillow.  There just aren't enough hours in the day.  Sigh.
I made these curtains for the dormer window in my guest room last night.  They tie in with the full length curtains that I gave you a peak of yesterday.  I couldn't hang a curtain rod in the dormer, so I had to make complimentary curtains instead of matching ones.  I love how it turned out and it was so easy to make. Sew in three straight lines, staple it, install it, done.  It all took about 30 minutes.
I can't wait to show you the rest of my guest room and the featured project.  Come back tomorrow at 9 pm EST.

Miss Mustard Seed