SYTYCD - Week 8, Junk

As a fond farewell to the SYTYCD contest, here is my "junk" entry for week eight.  Enjoy!

I am a person who is a magnet for free stuff.  Mostly stuff that other people consider junk.  You would not believe what people have offered to me for nothing.  I am fortunate to have ended up with neighbors who are hunters and sellers of things that are cool and old and they've given me many bargains.  A few weeks ago they offered a rusted iron bed frame for free and I couldn't say no. 
I immediately saw the potential in the footboard.  It would make a perfect towel bar.   The bed frame had clearly been left in the elements for a long time, so it first needed a good cleaning, sanding, and a hose down.  I then coated it with two thick layers of polycrylic to make it useable.  If you're going to try this with a similar piece, make sure you do this outside and wear a mask.
My husband helped me hang it on the wall using some long screws and wire to prevent it from falling on someone.  I love the look of the rust and chippy paint on it, but the finish is smooth and clean from the protective top coat.
I even kept the original wooden wheels on to show off its former life as a foot board.
I hung some linen towels on it and a sign I hand painted on a piece from an antique crate.
And it looks perfect over the antique wash stand, which was a roadside freebie. The total of this arrangement (not including paint) was less than $25.00.  Almost all of it was free.
Miss Mustard Seed