It's Easy Being Green

I'm a blue and white kinda gal.  The nice thing about painting furniture to sell is that I can have a little fun with the colors.  I don't have to have a place for it in my house.  I just have to be proud to put my name on it.
I bought this wooden plant stand at an auction for a couple of dollars.  It didn't look bad as it was, but it was a little tired and  a little blah.
I can't think of a better way to make a piece special than paint it in an interesting way.  So, first I sanded and sprayed the piece with bonding primer.  I had some grass green paint on hand, so this is what I went for.  I can't tell you why, but I just thought it would work.  One of those gut feelings.
This green was pretty bright, so I sanded the heck out of the piece and wiped on some dark walnut stain.  The result is this heavily distressed piece that has a wonderfully warm antique look.
It could've been plucked off the back porch of some old farm house...doesn't it have that look?

I had a few questions about this paint color.  For those who are brave enough to use it, it's Grasshopper by Sherwin Williams.  I'm warning you, though.  It's bright.  The walnut stain and distressing really toned it down. 

Miss Mustard Seed

PS - The verdict on Furniture Feature Friday?  It's a keeper. 

I posted this to TDC's Before & After party.