From Bad to Worse to Finally Finished

I love it when I finally finish a piece that's been taunting me every time I go into the workshop.
I bought this piece for $3.00 at a yard sale.  It was originally part of a vanity that was split in two and then separated from it's twin.  The piece was dirty, the side was damaged and that paint job did not do it justice.  My husband fixed it up and made a new side for it.  I cleaned it up, painted it cream and rubbed an antique stain on it.
After all of that work, it looked terrible and I was ready to throw it away.  I wish I had a picture of how bad it was.  It looked like I had taken a beginning faux finishing class and tested out my newly acquired skills on this piece.  So, after months of eyeing it when I went down to fetch my laundry, I finally gave it a fresh coat of a soft bluish gray color.
I kept the original hardware and sprayed it in an oil rubbed bronze finish.  When I first started my decorative painting business, I felt like I needed to add hand painted detail to every piece.  I've since learned that some pieces are fine on their own and this is one of those pieces.
The color is "krypton" by Sherwin Williams.  Dumb name, but a great color.
I can't tell you how great it is to put on my respirator mask and paint splattered clogs and get back in the spray booth again.  I am totally in my element.

Miss Mustard Seed

PS - Make sure you head over to SYTYCD to vote for your favorite entry this week.  I submitted my guest room makeover, which was just featured on Someday Crafts!  Yay!