My French Settee

I bought this Country Home book several years ago and it made me want a white, slipcovered French settee.  On a side note, does anyone else miss Country Home?  Family Circle was not the same at all and a ridiculous substitution for my subscription.  Anyway...I loved everything about this sofa and I just had to find one.
Fast forward about seven years and I found my French Settee.  It was at a yard sale for $50.00. That's a great price, but it had been used as a dog bed and was totally gross. I vacuumed up all of the dog hair, scrubbed it with upholstery cleaner, aired it out and sprayed it with lots of Febreeze. I then slipcovered it with a tied on cover to keep the wood details exposed.  
   The quilt is to protect it from my cats, who like to nestle in the down cushion.  A quilt is easier to wash then the entire slipcover.  I also need to sew some friends for the lonely bolster pillow...some day.
This piece may be one of my favorites finds.  Make sure you come back for another installment of The Workshop Series on Wednesday! 

Miss Mustard Seed