Living Room

I always get such a great response when I post about a slipcover and I promise I will break it down in a tutorial for you.  Honestly, I took pictures while making one a while ago, but they were taken at night before I used my Speedlight and they stink.  I have several pieces in the "hopper", so I'll get some good pics of the next one.  Until then, I do have a mini slipcover tutorial and a post about making you own piping.  These will be helpful for those who have basic sewing skills and want some direction.

By the way, thank you, Karli (from Rocky Bella) for featuring my slipcover in your post today.  As for the Craig's List chair, I say, "Go for it!"

Also, one of my tips for mixing decorative paint was featured today on Tip Junkie.  There are lots of other great home decor ideas listed today, so check it out!

So, I have the rearranging bug at the moment and my living room is the latest project.  This room has been really tough for me.  It's gone from the "left over" room to the "I don't really know what I want to do with it, so I'll just do the most boring and predictable thing."  Can I get an Amen?  So, in keeping with my decision to finally make some decisions, I rearranged the furniture, pulled down the boring curtains and have been playing around with my stuff.

This is still very much a work in progress, but I'm trying to inject more interest and personality
I absolutely love the wall color, but this room does not have any overhead lighting, it has dark floors, and this deep color on the walls makes the room feel even darker.  I'm thinking about changing it to a very pale blue. 
This is a "before" picture of the living room.  I moved the curio to the left of the double window by the front door.  The desk moved in front of the double window and the sofa went straight ahead. 


Here's what's on the to-do list

Find or make two small matching chandeliers to hang on either side of the sofa in front of the windows
Make curtains and pillows
Move French side chairs from family room into the living room
Maybe change the paint color
Paint the two side tables
Find a round ottoman for in front of the sofa
Finish framing and hanging family photos 
Find a rug
Find a lamp for the desk


I'm sure more will be added, but I just wanted to share my progress. Any thoughts or ideas from you geniuses out there?  By the way, this is all your fault.  We all really need to stop egging each other on when it comes to decorating.  The blog world is dangerous...and I love it!

Miss Mustard Seed