$4.00 Chair + White Cotton Twill =

I absolutely love being able to make slipcovers.  If you don't detest sewing, you really should try your hand at making one. 

When we purchased our house 3 1/2 years ago, we were moving from 1010 square feet to about 2500.  We needed furniture, but buying new was not in the budget...nor is that my style.  So, we started hitting yard sales and we came across this chair for $4.00.  I wasn't in love with the lines, but it was comfy, sturdy and it didn't stink.  I knew it would be greatly improved by a slip cover.  Enter the white cotton twill.
I made a fitted cover with minimal piping and a pleated skirt. 
My slipcovers are not perfect, but I only make them for my home, so they don't have to be.  I love that I can just toss them into the wash with a little bit of bleach if a cat or a kid is a little rough on them. 

Miss Mustard Seed

I'm posting this to SNS at Funky Junk Interiors, Met Monday, Make it for Monday, Angie's Slipcover Show-off and