Latest Thrift Store Yield

I stopped by my local thrift store yesterday and found a beauty of a birdcage.  I have been looking for one for a while and I saw this one tucked up on a shelf.  Lately this thrift store has gotten a little pricey with certain items and this was $12.00, which is not dirt cheap, but I thought it was worth it. 
It had a few nicks and dings and was filthy, but it was otherwise in great condition.
I gave it a good scrub and rubbed some Dark Walnut stain on the dings.  So, now it looked good...what do I do with it?  Candles seemed like an easy and obvious choice.
I set off my smoke alarm as I took this picture, but I love how it looks.  Great ambience...candles and a smoke alarm.  Very calming.
Well, the snow is falling right now and it looks like we're going to have about 13-20" by the time this storm is done with us.  Looks like we'll be socked in tomorrow.

Remember, you can enter your link in my Furniture Feature Friday link party until Saturday at midnight PST.

Miss Mustard Seed