market sign & my pavilion

I finished this sign the morning I brought it to Lucketts, so we didn't have a chance to do a proper photo shoot together.  Sorry!  I really love how this one turned out, though. 


The bead board door was already painted a cream color, so I simply painted over it with Antibes Green with lettering in Old White and shadow in Graphite (all chalk paint.)  Once dry, I used a palm sander to use and abuse the sign until it looked how I wanted it to.  The piece was finished with a mix of clear and brown wax.  Check out my Waxes 101 video if you'd like to see my technique.  


I just bought some huge barn doors today to paint some signs on.  They sell well and it's fun to create my own "art" to sell in my space.  


Some of you were a little confused about the "pavilion" idea, so I thought I would show you exactly what it is.  The pavilion on the left with the blue and white shutters is the back of my pavilion. 


This is the main building of The Old Lucketts Store.  My furniture and signs are sold inside in Karen's room. 


Outside, there is a little village of pavilions with different dealers in each one.  Mine is the last one on the left.


Yes, it is outside and open to the elements, but it's pretty protected by the patchwork walls and metal ceiling.  It's actually really nice.  Not climate controlled, but nice. 


My husband went down on Friday and added a couple more doors on each side of the entrance to further protect my things.  He also hung my sign up, but I don't have a picture of that to share, yet.


 Here's a look inside the booth...


I loved my caddy with clay pots so much that I bought another to sell in my space. 



 I had a great first week as a vendor at Lucketts.  The pantry below sold...



This French buffet sold...


...the mirror sold...


...and lots of other things.  Some things were bought less than 24 hours after my husband dropped them off!  I tell you, things move fast here. 


Which means I need to get to work on more stuff!  I went shopping this afternoon and found some cool things including a wooden theatre seat, a vintage fan, and a bunch of feed sacks. 

It's going to be another late night.