Night Stand Makeover

I am in a mad dash to refill my space at Lucketts.  I was basically wiped clean last weekend, but I'm really energized and on a creative high because of it.  I'm a strange bird, but I guess I'm in the right business!

Here's my latest project...



In my flurry, I didn't take a before picture, but it was a part of a set, so it looked like the dresser below.


I painted it in Graphite chalk paint with Old White details, distressed, followed by a coat of clear wax mixed with dark brown. 


It's a little different for me and I think it's really striking.  (Yes, I realize the top handle is a little askew.  I just put the original hardware back on in the original holes...)



It looked very cool with the fan and theatre seat that are going to the space as well. 


I'm filling up the booth early Saturday morning, so come on Saturday if you want first pick!

While my kids were in school this morning, I worked on this dresser.  I just put the final coat of wax on and it may be one of my favorites, now.  I'll try to snap some after pictures before it goes to the shop.


...and I started work on this chair.  I know it wasn't bad at all, but it just wasn't me. 


Pulling all of the tacks and staples out of this upholstery was brutal and took me the better part of the day.  Let me just say, to the person who decided to put nail head trim on this chair and the person who carried out that idea...

"A pox on both your houses."