Dresser Before & After


I know this dresser is going to be controversial.  I feel like people are going to either love or hate it and few will find middle ground.  It will either be sold in a wink or will sit for weeks and months. 


That said, take a look at how this dresser began.  Well, the top wasn't blue, but I forgot to take a proper before picture. 


A funny side note, I bought this dresser with the one where the bra was hidden under a drawer (read the store here.) You have to remember these dressers lived at college with some teenage guys. So, when I pulled the drawers out on this piece and saw a Ziploc baggie tucked in the recess, I was a little nervous. Seriously...I had a moment where I was thinking what I would do if the contents resembled powdered sugar or oregano. I pinched the bag with the very tips of my fingers and yanked it out. It was empty. Whew.
I painted the entire dresser in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint's Aubusson Blue.  Gorgeous color!  Seriously beautiful blue.  Matches my curtains perfectly.  I decided to do something a little different and paint over the blue with Old White, just on the body, leaving the drawers blue.


I distressed this piece the way I normally do, but it didn't seem finished, so I took it to the extreme.  I wanted it to look like the paint was barely hanging on. 


I finished it with a mixture of clear and dark wax, followed by a light buffing. 


Crystal knobs elevate the piece and add some sparkle. 


So, love it or hate it...there it is.  If you love it, it's headed to Lucketts tomorrow to sell.  If you hate it...well, don't be too mean to me.