Happy Easter & A Fat Check

Happy Easter everyone! 


I was going to post yesterday, but I was getting a "server rejected" notice from Blogger last night for every picture I tried to upload.  I finally put them on my website and grabbed them from there, since it's still not working this morning.  Don't "they" know we have to blog AND show pictures?!?  I'm sure it will get sorted out. 

I wanted to first show how my bathroom is coming along...


It's not happening fast, but it's happening.  This is sort of a tortoise kind of reno, more than a hare. 

I am starting to feel some stress about filling up all of my spaces for the May Lucketts Antique Market.  I rented two outdoor spaces, plus I have my pavilion and a few pieces to put in Karen's space inside.  Hoping to alleviate some of the stress of an empty stash and the biggest fair of the year on my doorstep, I went to an auction Friday night. 

For the first time ever, I came home empty-handed from an auction.  Things were going for outrageous prices.  A table with the leg falling off of it went for over $100 and a cute little desk I had my eye on went for $175.  That was my cue to head home.  All I took home were the calories consumed from eating a bag of chips and some peanut M&M's.  Bummer.

Saturday, we went out to hit some yard sales and thrift stores to see if we could find some furniture at decent prices.  I've always been afraid to pull the trigger on a huge lot of pieces when I find them.  The thrifter in me just doesn't like writing a big check, even if everything I'm buying is a good deal.  Well, I got over that one yesterday and wrote a big fat check for an empire dresser, a desk and chair, a French provincial dining room set, an upholstered arm chair, and two china cabinets.  In addition, I found a dresser and small music cabinet at an antique store and another dresser at a yard sale. 


I also found some ironstone, wire baskets, a metal mold, an enamel light shade and a few other cobwebbed covered goodies at a barn sale. 

'
Now, I've gotta get to work!