Fondant and Tears


Today was sort of a mixed bag for me. 

We'll start with some of the good.  I got more Chalk Paint colors to try and I received a fun box of goodies from one of my new sponsors, Cat from Baby Jewels.


She made me a fondant stamp with my logo on it!  I'm planning to make mini cupcakes to bring to the Lucketts Antique Market in May to give out to my readers. 


Such a great idea!  Wouldn't this be awesome for a wedding, anniversary or shower?


She also made me a self-inking stamp with my logo and web address.  I am going to use this so much for my weather-resistant tags and other marketing materials. 


She also offers lots of cute designs that are customizable, like this book stamp.  We'll be doing a giveaway in the future, so just keep an eye out for that. 


Thanks so much for these awesome goodies, Cat!  If you can't wait for the giveaway, you can place your order at Baby Jewels

Now for the event that brought me to tears.  Anyone who's gone through any renovation knows that moment.  The moment where the 18th thing goes wrong and you just can't hold it in any more. 


The tile guys showed up early this morning and I was excited.  The tile was going to be out of my office and on the bathroom floor this morning.  A couple hours in and our friend Mike, who's doing the tile, walks into my kitchen.  "Uh...Marian...we....uh....well, we have....a glitch."  So, we walked into my bathroom where he showed me the "glitch." 


If you're an observant person, you will notice that the tile on the right is very grey and the tile on the left is more white.  Yeah...that's not going to fly.  We had 25 grey tiles and 10 white ones. 

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

They had to pull it up.

So, I had a cry.  I was a bit of a pain to be around.  I got some great words of wisdom and encouragement from my friend, Barb.  And at the end of the day, it's just tile.  Just a floor in my half bathroom and we'll get it sorted out. 

Just know if you send me an e-mail asking how things are coming along with my bathroom, you are driving me to consume massive amounts of chocolate.