SYTYCD - Week 5, Fabric

I am sharing this at the CSI Project Fabric Week. 

Visit thecsiproject.com

"I am a girl who loves fabric.  I get giddy at a good remnant bin.  Don't buy me flowers, get me a gift card to a fabric store.  I've spent many days and nights hunched over my sewing machine making things for my home out of fabric, but my most dramatic project is the half canopy I recently made for our master bedroom.
Here is a before picture and my inspiration picture from Country French magazine. 
Our master bedroom has a terrible layout, so we decided to move our bed to a different wall and positioned the canopy to conceal an unused door.  I did all of the sewing and construction, but my dear husband installed it for me.  You can find a full tutorial here
The fabric was purchased on sale at Hobby Lobby and I just love the serene aqua and French toile pattern.   This canopy needed a ton of fabric, so the entire project ran about $100 and took around four hours to make and install. $100 is pretty expensive for one of my projects, but it was well worth it and looks like it cost a great deal more. 

My tutorial on this project may make your head spin, but it's really very simple. If you can sew in a straight line and use a staple gun, you can make this."

The other ladies involved in SYTYCD are sooo talented and creative, so make sure you check them out and vote for your two favorites. 

Miss Mustard Seed

I posted this to the French Obsession Party over at Le Chateau des fleurs.