Restocking

Today was a good day.  I had my foot x-rayed (after dropping two sheets of bead board on it last Friday) and it's badly bruise, but not broken.  Yay!  I was having nightmares of a paint-splattered cast.  I bought a great French chair off Craig's List.  And, I turned thirty-three today.  My husband did a grand job with it, too.  He bought me a spa day and some gift cards, so I can shop.  My boys signed cards for me and sang the cutest version of "Happy Birthday" ever.  I had to bake my own cake, because none of my boys can bake.  I made a Texas Sheet Cake, like my mom used to make.  I had no idea there's half a box of butter in that cake.  AND Crisco.  Oh well.  It's once a year. 

I also got the weekend totals for my Lucketts sales and...well...let's just say I have A LOT of restocking to do!  Here are some things I found yesterday that are going to fill the void in my pavilion...

An awesome baker's box...  (Don't you just love the warm wood and typography?)


...a wooden theatre seat...


...a slightly rusty, but still very cool vintage fan...


...an this bright green scale.


I found a bunch of other cool things as well that are still boxed up.  I'll be sharing them soon and restocking on Thursday or Saturday this week.  Other pieces I finished are a secretary, night stand and a French bakery sign.

I did find some really awesome (and super cheap) benches yesterday as well, but they were already set aside for someone else.  I wanted to talk to the people who set them aside and express my love for them; maybe cry and tell them my birthday was the next day, but I figured that would be pretty pathetic.  Some things are just not meant to be. 

I came home, though, to a great CL French chair that I quickly claimed and someone from our church gave me a caned-back French day bed.  Both of those made up for the loss of the benches and I'm a happy girl.