A Painted Desk

I worked incredibly hard today and I am incredibly tired tonight.  The day started at 6:30 am when my sons woke me up.  The entire family got ready and we headed out for a morning of yard sales.  I found some great things, which I'll share in another post, and came home about noon.  After hanging out with the boys for a bit, our babysitter came over and the painting frenzy began.  I have lots to share, but it will all happen in another post.  Tonight, I'm going to share a desk I finished last week. 


This is how it started...


I painted it in Annie Sloan's Louis Blue with Old White on the body.  The top was stripped and refinished in a dark walnut stain and Fiddes Wax. 


I chose to keep the original hardware, since it was in good condition and still worked with the painted piece.


Some light distressing prior to waxing, brought out the detail. 





I brought it to my pavilion at Lucketts on Thursday.


Lots more to come...but now...sleep.