12 Tips for an Ergonomic Work Station


Hello again, and thanks for tuning in. This week I decided I would share with you one of the best and most simple ergonomic overviews I've seen. Brought to you by Humanscale, the illustration above goes over 12 easy ways to improve your work station's ergonomacity (President Bush taught me that word). In case you're forgetful like me, here's a mousepad to remind you!

1. Top of monitor at or below eye level

2. Monitor and keyboard centered in front of you

3. No glare on screen

4. Documents in line with keyboard and monitor

5. Negative tilt keyboard support

6. Wrists flat and straight

7. Arms and elbows close to body

8. Change postures often (this one's a must!)

9. Work in a reclined position

10. Take frequent short breaks

11. Feet flat on floor or footrest

12. CPU off desk